June 9, 2022 router setup 0 Comments
Are you on the lookout for a fuss-free and superior internet connection that lets you work, play games, go online and watch movies in peace? Well then, TP-Link routers offer the best internet connection. Setting up your TP-Link router with the internet modem is a very simple task that can be done in a few minutes.
Steps to Set Up the TP-Link Router
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect the Modem and TP-Link router into the WNA port. In most devices the WAN port stands out as it is colored in yellow.
- Connect the computer to the TP-link router network. You have the option of doing via a wireless connection or by using a wired cable.
- Type the IP address of your router on any web browser of your choice. Press Enter.
- Once you enter the login page of the router you need to set up the administrator password.
- Pick the correct time zone depending on your locations.
- Now you have to pick the connection type. Its most likely to be Dynamic IP, Static IP, PPPoE, L2TP, or PPTP. If you do not know your connection type with certainty, then always go for the auto detect option.
- Sometimes you may be required to provide additional details. Fill in those required fields.
- Now you have to decided of you want to clone the MAC address of your existing computer or not. If you have no idea about how this works, its best to not opt in for the cloning option.
- The next step is configuration of the network. You can select more than one network if needed.
- Create the SSID and password for the selected network.
- Save all your network settings.
- Now you have completed setting up your router.
How to Keep Your Router Secure?
- Include encryption protocols such as WEP, WPA and WPA2. WPA3 is the latest and most advanced encryption protocol that offers maximum security.
- Set up a strong password that cannot be guessed easily. Avoid using common phrases and details such as names, birthdays and other easily predictable passwords.
- You can go one step further and add in a MAC infiltration procedure that prevents unauthorized devices from accessing the network. This can be effective at keeping hackers and scammers at bay.