Setting up your Netgear router may seem like a complex task requiring technical help but you may be surprised to note that setting up these Netgear routers is easier than you think. With the help of the Nighthawk app con figuring your Netgear router can be done all by yourself at home without any technical help.
How to Use Nighthawk app to configure the router?
- Go to Play store or App Store and download the Nighthawk app to your device.
- Using an internet cable connect the modem to your Netgear router.
- Turn on the router.
- Get your mobile connected to the wi-fi network by using the default credentials available at the back of the router.
- Launch the Nighthawk app and select the new system setup options.
- Give it a few seconds for the app to detect the router
- Answer the security questions when prompted to do so.
- Now wait a couple of minutes for the router to update and then get started. If no updates are available, you can get started right away.
How to Use Web interface to configure Netgear router?
- Use a cable to connect your modem and the router.
- Get your computer linked to the Netgear router.
- Switch on your router.
- Type the router’s IP address in the search bar of any web browser.
- Use the log in username and password to gain access.
- Next select advanced options under home and click on set up wizard.
- Select yes and press Next option
- Let your router try to detect the internet connection. Once this is complete, set a new admin password.
- Correctly respond to the security questions and select Next.
- Now your Netgear router is configured and ready for use.