June 9, 2022 router setup 0 Comments
If you are on the lookout for a router brand that offers consistently speed and high-quality internet connection all year round, then D-Link routers are the best. You can lie back and enjoy the beauty of having access to super-fast and uninterrupted internet access whenever you want wherever you want. D-Link routers are a highly versatile choice of routers that can be sued at home, school, or office.
Once you have bought your D-Link router you need to set it up fist before using it. Always make sure to follow the set-up process correctly from beginning to end to avoid any problems later. Here is a handy step by step guide to setting up your brand-new D-Linkrouter:
Items Required for Router set- up
- D-Link router
- An installation manual
- Ethernet cable
- Wi-fi configuration card
Steps to set up your router smoothly
- Connect the D-Link router and your modem and insert it into the WAN port. You can use an ethernet cable to link the router and modem.
- Connect to the network using either a wired or wireless internet connection.
- Type the IP address of your D-Link router in the web browser.
- Enter the login credentials once the router login page loads. The username is admin, and the password is a blank space by default.
- Click next once you enter the set-up wizard option
- The router will perform an auto-scan to detect your internet connection type. If this does not work out, you will be asked to manually key in the connection type.
- When prompted enter the relevant SSID and passcode of your router network.
- Create a password for your router. This will be the admin login password to be sued in all future logins.
- Pick the correct time zone.
- Save all the changes made and reboot your router. Once your router restarts within a few seconds all the settings will be updated and you can start using your internet.
Tips to make the best use out of your D-Link router
- Place the router in the center of your house so that the network signals can be accessed from anywhere in the house easily.
- To get the best signals place your router on a high surface above ground level.
- Restrict the number of devices using the Wi-fi at the same time, this slows down the internet speed.
- Do not place your router close to electrical appliances a sit may then block the signals and cause disruptions in your internet connection.